Victoria Park Big Weekend
Saturday - Family Party on the Park 11.00-16.00
Sunday - One Love Reggae 12.00-16.00
The park offers a wide range of facilities all year round for all ages to engage in recreation activities. With the River Sow running through the park, the grassy bank offers a perfect opportunity to sit and relax whilst watching the ducks.
Originally named the Victoria Park Pleasure Grounds, the site opened in 1908 and is the Borough's principal destination park. The park now covers an area of 4.95 acres, the park is the largest formal park in the Borough.
The site contains the listed structures of the Alderman Mottram shelter and the County War Memorial. The structure of the park has changed very little since the park was opened and as a result the original park layout is still in existence today.
The original park was extended twice, firstly in 1911 and secondly in 1930 when the play facilities were added to the North Western corner.
Telephone07790 959 768