Milford was described as a "pleasant hamlet" by the 1851 History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, it then being part of Baswich parish. There is no church, the church at Walton-on-the-Hill, Staffordshire being less than a mile away.
Milford Common (grid reference SJ973211) is a popular recreation spot for local people, and has traditionally been the site of many travelling fairs. The open space and quiet roads around the Common have made it a popular gathering point for horse riders from surrounding areas. The entrance to the National Trust Shugborough estate faces the common. Shugborough houses the county's official museum.
The Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal approaching Walton Bridge, No 104.
Cannock Chase AONB is nearby. Its borders extend to about a mile south of the village, and the extensive Chase area offers a variety of outdoor activities including several leisure cycling routes.
Milford Hall is a privately owned 18th-century country mansion house at Milford. It is the home of the Levett Haszard family and is a Grade II listed building.
The Staffordshire Way long-distance footpath passes very near Milford, to the south-east. It also lies on the Heart of England Way.